Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Roadside rescue Free desk and free chair Redo


I don't know if you remember a few months back while on the way to Church, I had grabbed this
old deskette...just sitting on the side of the road..waiting for me. But here it is.

It was a old dark pine solid wood desk. It was beat up bad so I had to wood fill the top a little and give it a good sanding, but other than that, it was perfectly fine for me..:)

I sanded it down just a little since I had used some wood filler on it, then wiped it down with a damp cloth. I then got my new favorite addiction from my bloggy friend Shelley over at Shizzle LLC.
Cee Cee Caldwell's paint. EEEK...I was so excited...I have never BOUGHT fancy paint like this before, but I wanted to support my fellow blogger and try something new.

I have to say I am in LOVE....I had this old chair that I had gotten while camping in Pentwater. You can see that Redo Here....I had wanted to match the fabric colors on the vintage seat.  Cee Cee's had the perfect match. Destin and spring hill green.......LOVE!!

when it was done, I went over it with clear wax and a cloth and buffed it just how I wanted.
I then put on the new Hobby Lobby knobs and love how vintage and lovely it turned out.

I hope you enjoyed this and have a BEAUTIFUL day!.
Posted by Picasa

The 36th AVENUE

 http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/2012/05/transformation-thursday-no-150.html
{Primp}
Furniture Feature Fridays


Making Lemonade
The Shabby Nest
”youhttp://southernhospitalityblog.com/ UndertheTableandDreaming
”vintagemauve.com”
The Southern Institute
BecolorfulMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Craft & Tell
”How
Home Stories A2Z
you are talking too much />

13 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, Karin! Those are fantastic colors! I just love that combination! You always do the best things with brilliant color!

Sam I Am...... said...

Amazing..you are just amazing and the colors are gorgeous! I am loving turquoise all of a sudden too and I've always loved yellow! Great job! Much clapping and the crowds are cheering!!!!

Janny said...

I have to agree- great color choice! I love how you made such a small and boring piece interesting and fun.

Pamela said...

Great makeover with such fun colors!!

Christine said...

I want them.... PLEASE!!!!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! :)

Elise Engh said...

Looks great! I wish I could find some furniture on the side of the road like that. I love the colors you used.

Melissa said...

I love roadside rescues! I have a WOOD dresser and nightstand {beautiful shape to it} that I found almost 10 years ago. They have to be my best roadside score! They've already had their 3rd coat of paint since then.

I'd love for you to link this up to my party: http://lovingthiscrazylife-melissa.blogspot.com/search/label/POC%20LINKY%20PARTY

Hope you're having a great weekend!

cgammeter said...

I would have stopped for that too. You made it look so lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a fun pairing- love the fabric that ties it all together!

Amanda said...

You did a great job, they look so fun and colourful!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

What a great color palate. So on trend. Thanks so much for sharing your creative work here on BeColorful this week.
pam

Christine said...

You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! Come on over and grab the ''featured'' button! :)
http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/05/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-15.html

Good Time Charlie said...

Roadside Rescue? You are speaking my love language! So cute, thank you so much for sharing.